Tuesday, April 01, 2003

Oh My Goddess

For those of you who read this blog because of the well-thought-out writing style, you may want to skip today's entry.

Schedule
My work schedule has been very hectic lately (I feel like Wendy). I'm sorry that my blog has suffered. Gratefully, my knitting hasn't suffered very much.

Knitting Progress
The colorblock cardigan is moving along quickly. I've finished the back, the left front and 1/3rd of the right front. At the same time I've been updating the pattern so it will be done shortly after the sweater is. Here's a bad picture of the three pieces and how they will look when they get put together.



I also thought you might want to see the back of my work.



Unlike prima donnas like Kaffe, I weave in my ends as I go along. I actually consider end weaving as part of my knitting experience, just like you might consider cabling or casting on to be part of knitting. Weaving in is just a different "stitch" so to speak, and when I think of it that way, it's all part of the pleasant experience of knitting. If I were to leave it for after the sweater was finished, it would truly be a chore for me.

Knitwear Design
A lot of folks are pushing me towards getting more of my designs published. The most interesting ideas I've been reading center around knitwear designs done by men, for men. As I mentioned before, I'm working with Matt of TheadBear and I've also been contacted by another guy who might be interested in collaborative designs.

If I can pull together a total of at least 10 decent designs in a relatively short period of time, I'll approach the editor at Unicorn Books about publishing them. The worst case scenario would be that he only liked a couple of them and would include them in another Jamieson book. Best case would be a book of men's knitwear designed by men.

Knitting Article
One last word from me on the infamous article. As always, I am extremely grateful for all your comments. Having folks agree with my ideas and give their personal slant, as well as hearing those that disagree all help shape my opinions. One of my least favorite traits in someone else, is closemindedness, and so I always try to consider others' opinions and ideas.

Weird Knitting
Finally I'd like to leave you with a link I found amusing and somewhat related to knitting. I'd like to ask the resident NJ Knitting Curmudgeon to answer for this.

Weird Knitting - Enjoy

0 comments: