Monday, November 25, 2002

What am I Thinking?

What am I thinking?

I can't believe I started another project, but I couldn't wait to use some exquisite Kid Alpaca I ordered based on a Knitlisters recommendation.

Robin and Russ Yarns

They have fingering weight, Kid Alpaca in 175 yard skeins for US$1.00 per skein. At that price I bought enough to make a bedspread, and still only paid $60...what a deal!!!

The color is natural brown (can you picture an alpaca?) which isn't my first choice. I may try overdyeing the finished bedspread (if every finished...see below). The brown looks like it would take a deep red dye very well (or so I've been told by my dyer friends).

I cast on 412 stitches and I'm knitting a simple diagonal lace pattern on US1 needles. I've done two inches so far, so I have a lot of work between now and its completion, but I'm looking forward to each and every stitch.

0 comments: