Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Blog Contest Entries

As the final chapter in another QueerJoe blog contest, I present all of the entries. Which would you have selected?

Guest Blog Entries
I was going to try and combine all of the entries into one HTML or PDF page, but it proved too difficult for my technical skills and/or patience. Instead I present links to each blog entry.

Enjoy the reading.

Antonio 1
Antonio 2
Antonio 3
Antonio 4
Barb 1
Barb 2
Catherine
Jet
Joanne
Johanne
Michael (Aubergine)
Sean (Sean080808)

Passing Lane
I finished a few more inches on the final sleeve for Passing Lane, and it's moving along at a good clip now.



I am more and more optimistic each day that I'll be able to present the Rebekah II sweater to the Unicorn editor at Stitches.

I also have to get a picture of Rebekah wearing her cotton version of the sweater when I get it finished. Those of you who know me, know I'm not overly fond of children. I make the exception for some children, and Rebekah is certainly one of those for whom I make an exception.

She is an absolutely beautiful child with a matching personality.

Wrist Hurt?
There are a lot of folks that know Annie Modesitt from her blog, Modeknit. She's quite an amazing designer, but she's also given a great gift to those of us who suffer wrist pain when we knit by documenting what she calls combined knitting.

http://www.modeknit.com/combined.html

It's basically a method of creating the same Knit and Purl stitches as standard knitting, but done without as much wrist turning.

When I first taught myself to knit, I taught myself incorrectly how to purl (by wrapping in the wrong direction), and ended up with twisted stiches. I knit that way for the first year.

Now Annie shows how I could use that to my best advantage. Thanks Annie for documenting a great idea and sharing it with web knitters.

Reader Comments and Questions
I just wanted to thank you all for your nice comments on both the picture and our relationship.

0 comments: