Saturday, March 01, 2003

Home and tanned

Vacation was great. I won't bore you with the details, except to say that that weather was perfect every day and we enjoyed ourselves immensely.

Vacation Knitting
I also won't bore you with a slideshow of pictures, but I thought I'd show you the view from my hotel room terrace.


This is where I worked on the one sock project I brought with me. I did very little knitting as you can see.



Earflap Cap - Again
I finished my last Earflap Cap except for the i-cord straps. It came out well, but I'm sure Thaddeus won't like it or wear it. And he definitely won't pose with it for me. I couldn't get a good picture of the hat without someone wearing it, so you'll have to settle for a bad picture of me that shows the hat in its best light.



This one will go to my local yarn store as a store-model. I'll let them have the pattern so they can sell it as a kit. It will look great in a lot of the Jamieson DK yarn colors. This one was done in Rowan DK since I had a couple of balls in my stash and it's a good color for Thaddeus.

Backlog
Today's post will be brief. Having been away for a week, I had over 1600 e-mails to delete...er...read. Most of them were from the various knitting lists I'm on. I scanned through the majority of them last night and replied back to most of the work and personal-related ones this morning. If you sent me an e-mail and haven't received a response, I may have inadvertantly deleted your message thinking it was spam or KnitList drivel. Please rewrite if you think this might have been the case.

0 comments: