We've replaced most of the lights in and around our house with LED bulbs...here's my top 10 reasons why you should too. A light-emitting diode, or LED, is a type of solid-state lighting that uses a semiconductor to convert electricity into light.
Top 10 Reasons for LED Bulbs
- Energy Savings - estimates are that you save 50-60% of energy over incandescent bulbs.
- Cost Savings - in addition to saving on energy, many of these bulbs last a lifetime.
- No Bugs - We replaced our outdoor bulbs with LED bulbs and eliminated almost ALL bugs...at least the bugs attracted to UV light. I used to go out the front door in the morning and walk through a swarm of moths, bugs and spider webs...all that's gone now. Warmer color LED bulbs eliminate more bugs, since bugs are still attracted to blue light, but for me, this was the best benefit of LED bulbs.
- No mercury in the making of the bulb - like your new compact fluorescent bulbs, which is better for the environment.
- Less heat - very little heat produced by these bulbs...better energy efficiency and no problems with bulbs burning you, your pets or other things, like shades, etc.
- Light Color/Quality - latest technology has made amazing improvements in the color and quality of the light emitted by LED bulbs.
- Less Breakable - No where near as fragile as incandescent or compact fluorescent bulbs
- Beautiful designs - some lighting fixtures require decorative bulbs or show the full bulb...like the photo above, some of the bulbs are just beautiful.
- Cost of LED bulbs has been constantly decreasing.
- All kinds of bulbs can be purchased - dimmable, three-way, directional, ambient, tinted, globe, candle flame, etc.
Current KnittingProgress proceeds on the niece blanket
It was bright enough to take a couple of decent photos of the blanket in progress. Looks like I have about one more week of knitting on this blanket before finishing.