Thursday, May 21, 2015

2015 Men's Spring Knitting Retreat - The Setting

One of the general principals of the regional Men's Knitting Retreats is that they take place in a beautiful/inspirational setting.

Easton Mountain

The venue for the Men's Spring Knitting Retreat has always been Easton Mountain Retreat Center in Greenwich, NY, and it certainly complies with the beauty/inspiration requirement.  Here are photos of retreat center and of some of the volunteers/residents/staff.

Chapel, pond and slope - the trifecta of serenity

Spinning wheel farm...I think they breed each year

Adirondack seating in front of rooms

Awesome volunteer Rick

The lilacs were in bloom - frangrant

Lush green and rutted road to heaven

Sun rising to highlight the mountain

Wishing I was back here

Cars give the setting some perspective of size

Upper pond and lower mountain peak

Gateway to happiness

Another awesome volunteer, Chris

Rustic home peaking through the leaves

Current Knitting

While I don't get much knitting done while I'm at the retreat, I have made a bit more progress on my niece's blanket...need to finish it by the end of the month.

blog comments powered by Disqus