Monday, July 14, 2014

Cutting My Losses

Two projects in the last few months haven't really turned out as I had envisioned, so I'm cutting my losses and in one case, ripping out a lot of knitting.


Bad Projects

The latest one is the Fireworks Scarf, which I finished over the weekend.  Can you see the problems with this design?



I mentioned a couple of things I didn't like about this design in the last blog entry.  It's not reversible and it doesn't mix two variegated colorways of yarns like Koigu very well.  I've also come to realize that the fabric curls and is only flat with a lot of steam blocking and I don't think the star designs shows up very well.  

The other design I've screwed up, is the Henry Der Vest.


This is the one I'll be completely frogging.  I realized I tried to do too much with some bias knitting and I also didn't make a waistband that works at all.  The ribbing is way too flimsy with this beautiful Icelandic yarn.

Here's a photo of Finn hunting from the second floor window.


blog comments powered by Disqus