Monday, October 28, 2013

Catching Up

My life is a bit fuller than it usually is at the moment, and I'm sad to note that I let an entire week go by without blogging last week.

Pant...Pant...Pant..

So, now as I catch my breath, I can tell you that I haven't forsaken the blogosphere completely.  I'm still here.

I'm noted it before, but I often find knit-blogging to be twice as hard as blogging about other topics, since I want to be able to show some progress in my fiber pursuits as well as wax poetic on an issue of importance to me.  Doing both requires more time than I had last week.

But...I'm back.

Current Knitting/Crocheting/Spinning

Three things going on in my fiber-world these days:

  1. Trying to finish a current WIP and cross off a New Year's goal for 2013
  2. Continuing work on the Koigu Granny Squares blanket
  3. Working on a secret project that I can't blog about or mention publicly...kind of like the Fight Club of fiber pursuits, whereas the first rule about this project is that you don't discuss it.
The Kid Alpaca Blanket/Coffin Cover
Yes, believe it or not, I've been doing quite a bit of work on this blanket.  If I am to even attempt to get this thing done by year-end, it will require a lot of my knitting time.


I still have a couple of feet more to knit and it takes FOREVER to do just an inch of knitting on this project.  And I can't carry it with me (it's getting way too unwieldy).  And, the minute I start working on it, Nico is in my lap.

Koigu Granny Square Blanket
I've done a few more squares for the blanket.


I'm thinking I'm going to need about 60 total squares for this blanket, so I may be doing about 43 more of these squares before I'm finished.  Fortunately, this project travels easily...just need to make time to crochet while I'm away.

blog comments powered by Disqus