Monday, July 06, 2009

Web Browsers

As a corporate drone required to comply with company and client computer standards, I work almost exclusively on Internet Explorer...for personal use, I use only Mozilla Firefox.

Love Firefox
I originally taught Thaddeus everything he knew about computers, and now he has far surpassed me in many ways about using his computer. One of the best things he ever told me to do was download Firefox as my internet browser.

Firefox introduced multiple tabs of browser windows, and faster/more efficient browsing, long before Internet Explorer came up with their version 6 which finally introduced tabs. I love that I can close out my browser window in Firefox and save all my tabs so that they come up just like I left them. I also love that Ravelry uses a lot of useful functions that are only available through Firefox. With the latest version of Firefox (Thaddeus told me about this as well), my web browsing is even faster, and it took me a total of 3 minutes to download and install the latest version.

Lately, I've had about 2 or 3 folks tell me that they have difficulty bringing up my web log in Internet Explorer. While I'm no where near savvy enough to know what's causing these issues, I can say that any of the folks that told me about it who tried using Firefox, were able to access my blog with no problem.

Another reason to have disdain for Microsoft. Download Firefox here.

Current Knitting
I finished the second Woolcott sock and started the third (I will have a total of six socks when I'm finished.

As I was taking the pictures of the finished socks on my deck, I realized the flowers were the same color combination as the socks...the purple flowers even had the same kinds of variations in purples and lavenders.

I've never finished a pair of socks in a week before...especially with all that ribbing...if I keep this pace up, I'll have the three pairs finished in less than two weeks!

Readers' Comments/Questions
WonderMike writes, "I LOVE THOSE SOCKS. *runs to call Sean and copycat Joe*"

It seems a lot of folks did this when they saw Sean's colors on Facebook...he sold out his first batch of hand-dyed sock yarn...not sure what he has left in his second batch, but I know that was going fast too (I linked to his website, but you can only order this stuff over the phone).

blog comments powered by Disqus