And The Crowd Turned Ugly
Wow...Anonymous is quite right when she notes that I'm a "hit whore", but I really had no idea of the uproar my admission would have caused.
Could you imagine what would have happened if I admitted that I found Bill O'Reilly">Bill O'Reilly hot or something?
What I Said
- I like Sarah Palin.
- I think she's smart and well-spoken and opinionated.
What I Didn't Say
- I agree with her views on abortion, drilling in ANWR, treatment of gays, sex education and abstinence or Christianity - I don't.
- I think she has integrity - I don't.
- Sarah Palin would make a great Vice President - She wouldn't.
- She's a good mother - Wouldn't know...don't care.
- I think she's hot and I'd like to sleep with her - Not even with Enzyte.
- I want her as a friend - I wouldn't...although I wouldn't want her as an enemy either.
- I have respect for Sarah Palin - I don't.
- She's not mean-spirited - She is.
- She's not scary - She is.
- She's not a dreadfully vindictive person who refuses to wield her power for personal gains - She is and does.
- She's equally as capable as Hillary Clinton - No where near.
- Palin has any concept of foreign policy - Yeah...uh...no.
- She's not a puppet of the McBush presidential campaign - She is.
- She was vetted well by McBush's team of idiots - She wasn't.
- I had joined the "dark side" - I haven't.
- I was going to vote for McBush/Palin - Not ever.
- I encourage others to vote for McBush/Palin - Not ever ever.
I did find the vehemence against saying anything positive about her quite interesting. I will do everything in my power to persuade folks to vote for Obama/Biden in November, but I can't imagine that saying something mildly positive about the opponent team is in any way antithetical to that viewpoint. I like what twinsetellen wrote about being able to like someone and still be vehemently opposed to their viewpoints. Is that not possible for folks, or did they just think that by not having negative things to say, that I supported her in any ways specifically unstated?
The readers her are never boring and always showing me interesting aspects of life that I might never have experienced.
I'm back to work on the Kureyon sock again.
I finished the first sock, and I like the way it looks on me. The second sock will move along pretty quickly until I hit the ribbing section again.
Just had to note that I loved what a lot of you had to say:
Mel noted Ann Richards is the true strong woman...not Sarah...totally agree...loved Governor Richards.
Julie characterizes Sarah as "Frankly she reminds me of those mean girls in high school who were just slightly slutty."
Pam wrote a censorship comment that I liked and ended with, "I have never really figured out how to pick when I purl, so I throw. (What an odd sentence!)" - loved that.
Fiberqat cracked me up with "So would throwing from the left hand be Contlish method?" - don't be trying to say that drunk.
Dear Carol replied to my offensive comparison with "Also, like McCain, you are a big loser!" - from your lips to god's ears.
Karine comes up with "Moosealini" - ha!
Finally, M-H writes, "Incidentally, there is an election looming in NZ as well as in Canada. I'll bet you didn't see that in your news either."
No, sorry...we don't get much news from the Scandinavian countries here in the states. I guess I could go to the google and check it out in the interwebs.