Wednesday, December 15, 2004

I Like Christmas

Despite the fact that expectations for this one day can never EVER be met, I still enjoy the anticipation and the warm glow the holiday gives me.

Go ahead, call me dweeb.

Holiday Gifts
Thaddeus and I have gotten most of our Christmas shopping done, although we have a few key gifts that still need to be decided on and purchased.

Overall, I'm very happy with the gifts we've picked out (Thaddeus is extremely good at, not so much). I'll look forward to having my family and friends open their gifts this year.

I only have 7 more pattern repeats to complete on this project. I added the fringe to the cast-on edge so I could make sure I have enough yarn to finish the wrap and the fringe, and it doesn't look like I'll be even close to running out of yarn.

I'll look forward to completing the knitting for this project this week, although the fringe will have to wait till I get home on Thursday night.

If I finish before I leave for home, I've also brought the Noro Ganpi crochet jacket to work on. Even if I don't finish that in time for a Christmas gift, I'd like to get it off my WIP list.

Readers' Comments/Questions
Marta asks how I'm liking Bill Clinton's autobiography.

I'm very torn when I get asked this question because even though he's sold millions of his book, I'd like to see him sell more.

That being said, a person would have to love Bill Clinton a LOT to enjoy his book. I really like him, and think he is an amazing man and politician. Unfortunately he's not an extraordinary writer. The book is pretty dull.

She also asks if I've read Hillary's book.

I have, and I enjoyed that one much more, although it's not stellar in the writing category either.