Saturday, October 30, 2004

Knit Blog Dry Spell

With Marilyn and I being so busy, and Wendy having a dry spell, how are knit blog readers doing out there? Thank goodness for the Yarn Harlot.

Work Woes
I am still having technical difficulties with both work and my new computer. Mostly now, it's just a matter of when I can access various functionality. My client has gotten very picky about which sites I can go to on the web. Hopefully now that I've gotten all the software reloaded onto my laptop, blog entries will resume on a more regular basis.

Blog Friends
James has been up to his old tricks. Look what I received in the mail yesterday, all the way from New Zealand.



He also sent some of that amazing chocolate that was with his last gift. This time it's flavored with apricot and rosemary. It's even nicer than the lavender flavored chocolate he sent the last time.

The best part is the description he included for the gift, entitled, "JOE'S FREEDOM SCARF". I'm keeping that part (and the chocolate) to myself. You can check out James' picture of the scarf here.

Thank you very much for such a thoughtful and nice gift...and the length is PERFECT.

By the way, Thaddeus was intrigued by the cool wrapping paper you used with a local fern frond as the design.



I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but we have something called fiddlehead ferns which are considered quite a delicacy.

Secret Knitting Project
I just finished making up the secret knitting project for my new niece, and sent it off to her this morning. I figure my brother and sister-in-law are way too busy to be checking my knitting blog, so I'll post a picture.



I used these lovely colors to make another pair of those cute leggings I made for Janis' baby, Marina. This pair go to my niece, Lily Bee, along with two baby blankets.

I'll continue working on the third blanket, and sent that off when it's done.

0 comments: