Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Slacker? Me?

Did yesterday's post make it seem like I had been slacking this past weekend on my knitting?

Fiber Weekend
This past Friday, I had a HUGE box delivered from my favorite on-line fiber source, Paradise Fiber.

First I got a second pound of the Blueface Leicester, so I could spin an entire sweater's worth of yarn. I really liked how nicely this fiber spun up, and while I'll need to dye the resulting yarn, I thought a sweater from this would be very nice.

While I was ordering the Blueface Leicester, I noticed some Brown Select Jacob that just seemed to have my name on it, so I ordered 2 pounds of that too.

I was looking for a fiber that I would enjoy spinning loosely and more thickly than the fiber I had been spinning up until now. This top definitely fit the bill. I spun a hank of thick, worsted weight yarn this past weekend from this fiber, and it's soft and the color is amazing.

I can't wait to get home and spin more of it.

Finally, I had a thought that I'd like to create my own self-striping sock yarn, so I bought a little bit of merino top in different colors.

Okay, so I bought 4 pounds of it in total. I figure I could make a LOT of striped socks with that.

All in all, I have a shitload of fiber to spin, and I can't wait to get to all of it.

I'll make the next post a knitting post...well, a crochet and knit post.

Readers' Comments/Questions
My brother wants to know if I want to be responsible for his baby-to-be's hypothermia.

The baby's not due until late October...do you know realize how quickly I knit?

Marilyn wants to know why she looks so short in the picture of our get-together.

Uhh....let's see, could it be that it's because you're a full six inches shorter than me, or perhaps it's just a weird play of shadows that creates the effect?