Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Now THAT'S a Surprise!!!

There needs to be a font that shows sarcasm. Check out this link. It confirms that the White House administration is laying track about something many have guessed at for months:

Yahoo! News - Official: U.S. Capture of bin Laden Close

eBay Yarn Sales
Again, the yarn sales on eBay are surprisingly vigorous. If things go as they have in the past, I will get a few last minute bidders tomorrow at midday, but not much additional activity.

Thanks for all who have bid on my auctions.

I've made some incremental progress on the Morehouse Merino sweater.

The picture doesn't show it overly well, but I've got another couple of inches before I get to the neck shaping.

You'll see why I've had less than turbo progress on this one a little bit further below in today's entry.

Flea Market Purchases
I always look for vintage knitting patterns when I traipse through the local flea market. While usually it's pretty slim pickings, I was able to make the following finds this past weekend.

The first book is by a male crocheter named Mark Dittrick. He describes a technique of creating rigid fabric with crochet techniques. I'll have to read through this more, and possibly give it a try.

The other two are also crochet. I love doily and bedspread patterns, even though I rarely get to use them.

Bitten By The Crochet Bug
With the Interweave Crochet magazine, and now these latest flea market purchases, I'm been itching to do a little crochet.

I started to make one of the bedspreads in the Bedspreads pattern booklet, but I messed it up and ripped it out.

Now I've picked up one of my stash yarns, and started a little crochet project.

Anyone care to guess what I'm working on?

Readers' Comments/Questions
Carol S. mentions the Rebumblican president's latest word mangling.

Does he do this on purpose so folks misunderestimate him?

Talk amonst yourselves.