Sunday, August 22, 2004


Most of my knitting mistakes are made in the privacy of my own knitting world.

Public Mistakes
Whether it's the zipper issue or various other knitting mistakes I've made and shared on the pages of this blog, I feel it's important to (sometimes) publicly show my errors, if for no other reason, to help others avoid similar situations.

I've said this before, but I thought it was worth repeating.

I enjoy knitting. Even if that means re-knitting something I had to rip out. A mistake to me in my knitting is just a valid excuse to rip out and repeat the pleasure of the original knitting.

That being said, I've decided that I don't really like how tight and bunched I made the intarsia/Fair Isle section of the front of the sweater.

I'm going to try and cut the longer floats behind the diamonds, and then block out the colored sections. If that doesn't work, I'm going to rip out and re-do that section of the front.

The back is coming along.

I've completed about 11 inches so far. I'm hopeful to make it up to the sleeve scythe shaping soon.

Readers' Comments/Questions
Thanks everyone for ideas and tips on sewing a zipper into a sweater. Although, the first time I did it with seeming ease (QueerJoe's impermeable aura of perfection, indeed...that's why I enjoy reading Kim's blog...she currently has an excellent analysis of twisted stitches...but I digress), this time I'm feeling a bit more intimidated.

Hopefully we'll all know how it turns out