Monday, August 09, 2004

Back To Work

The first day back at work after two weeks off is brutal.

Working Hard
Not only do I have to catch up on all of the e-mails that came in while I was out, but I also have to get back up to speed on all of the work I'm responsible for here.

Add that to the fact that travel days are always difficult, and you have one very tired and grumpy camper in Albany, NY.

I've finally made it up to the colored diamonds section on the Zipper Cardigan. With all of the stranded colorwork I've done, I'm annoyed with myself that the colored sections are so bunched up, but I'm confident that blocking with ease it out a bit.

I'm hopeful to get the front left section done, and start on the back sometime this week. The back will take some additional calculations to make sure the colored diamonds are centered correctly.

Flea Market Find
Every once in a while I find something fiber related at our local flea market that I consider to be a good deal. Here's what I found this past Sunday.

They are a set of Bernat crochet hooks. I don't do that much crocheting, but the times that I do it, it will be nice to have a full range of hook sizes to choose from in a nice, neat package.

At US$5, I couldn't resist.

Readers' Comments/Questions
Marilyn asks what's happeniing with the spinning. Have I gotten any more done?

I did do small amounts of spinning over the last few days at home, but mostly I focused on the knitting.

I'm trying to maximize how much final yarn I get out of this New Zealand roving, so I'm trying to balance the amount on each spool before I ply it, so I don't have a lot of left over singles that would only be good enough to felt.

As for Koigu, I tend to agree with Kathy, that you could never have enough. Kathy sure comes close.