Monday, July 05, 2004

Blog Contest Winner

Will all the gracious losers please join me in congratulating Cheryl on winning the Bush Caption Blog Contest with the following entry:



For all the rest of you, please feel free to fume over losing that awesome yarn.

Blog Contest Entries
I got a grand total of 79 entries to the blog caption contest. Most of them were funny, some were raunchy (a picture of two bushes, holes and balls opened it up for that), and some were downright odd and unintelligible.

I only read one where I said to myself, "Has this person every SEEN a cartoon before?"

But overall, the contest was a lot of fun. Thank you all for playing. You can see a few more of the entries by clicking on the link below.

Other Entries

Busy Holiday Weekend
In addition to getting some sun, eating like a pig, and going to see Spiderman 2, I also had a very busy fiber weekend.

1. I went to Simply Knit and picked up some yarn for various projects (see #3).
2. I spun ALL of the remaining Blue-Face Leicester and plied it up into two additional hanks of yarn.
3. I made a few novelty scarves, in case I have another craft show.


I'll put up pictures during the week.

New Design Idea
I didn't get a chance to work on the Marriott Mildew sweater this weekend, but it doesn't mean that I've decided to give up on it yet.

I will work on that during the week, and maybe the baby blanket too.

Yarn Store Closing
Simply Knit is up to 30% off all merchandise, and the yarn is just starting to look picked over. I tell you this in case you want to get there before their stock looks downright pathetic.

I may go back, other than to just chat and bemoan their closing, bot buy some additional yarn when it gets to 40% off. I can't imagine there will be a lot that I'll want to buy.

Readers' Comments/Questions
Terri asks:

"The question I have is related to the wraps per inch. I know you have a tool for determining it (which at first glance seemed to be something much more personal than a knitting tool on first view!) If someone doesn't have a tool and uses a ruler, isn't the width of the ruler going to impact the final number? Is there a standard of any sort for exactly how wide your ruler should be?"


A lot of folks ask this question, and the answer is no, the width of the ruler is irrlevant. You're measuring the width of the yarn, not the length. Since the WPI only cares about how many strands can fit within an inch space, it doesn't matter how long the wraps are. Does that make sense?

0 comments: