Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Snarky Blog Entries

How do you know if a blog entry is too inspired by a bad mood to publish.

Self Censorship
I had a whole litany of bitchy whining and venting written up and ready to publish yesterday.

At the last minute, I decided to go through and censor out a lot of what I had written. I did this for two reasons.

1. I was in an awful bitchy mood, and very angry.
2. Some of the things I had written could have been hurtful.

I've read some blogs that are purposely hurtful, and/or hateful and/or ignorant, and I didn't want to write that way, even on days where I felt one of those ways (can you feel ignorant?).

Today's Rant
I'm still a little bit of a curmudgeon today, so here's something that really pisses me off.

When someone tries to proselytize their religion by disguising it as a discussion that is minimally on-topic to the ongoing conversation.

Have you ever been in a situation where someone just starts discussing the miracle of the shroud of Turin (hello!?!?...how many times does carbon dating have to be done to prove it's a fake?), or how accepting Jesus Christ as their personal savior helped them get to the point were there geraniums grew better?

If that wasn't bad enough, when confronted, they get all indignant that they're being repressed for being a Christian. If they want to see repression, try being openly gay or lesbian or transgendered in High School...now THAT'S repression.

Thanks, I feel Better...Now For Some Knitting
I did do a little work on the Rosemary's Baby blanket, and I'm liking it better and better.

I've got five more VERY long rounds of the current color (olive) and then twelve even longer rounds in the final color.

Can anyone guess which color will be on the outer square? Does anyone have any ideas for an appropriate edging for this blanket?

Readers' Comments/Questions
I don't think there are any outstanding questions from reader comments. But I do have to say I love what Elissa had to say in her comments about the "f" word.

"Life's harsh, get a helmet, dude."