Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Shopping

I'm a gay man. I like shopping. I'm obsessed with knitting. So shopping for yarn is nirvana.

Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival
I've never been to the MDS&W before, but I'm hoping for at least a few opportunities to purchase yarn.

I know I have to buy yarn for the "Fashion of Christ" Fair Isle, so I'm hoping that Yarns International will have either their Shetland 2000 or some other Shetland for sale there.

Thaddeus and I will be heading down to Maryland on Friday evening, and staying overnight. Then Saturday doing the festival. I'm looking forward to it a lot. I think Thaddeus is going for his sainthood badge.

Knit Get-Together
Thanks to Marilyn, I have a couple of pictures to share of the event this past Sunday.

This one is a picture me, Thaddeus, Carol S. and Kathy at lunch.



And this one shows Thaddeus, Carol S. and Kathy in the front, with Marilan and her beau John in the back.



We definitely need to do this again soon.

Interim Knitting
I made some addtional progress on the Dancing Feet sock, and I continue to enjoy this yarn and this sock project enormously.



I did put out a review of the yarn on Wiseneedle, thanks to Kim's timely reminder.

Readers' Comments/Questions
Marilyn asked incredulously if I really used the word "yummy".

Would "fabulous" have been worse?

Carol S. asked how long it took to get my yarn from Joslyn's.

I honestly don't remember. I think it came rather quickly, and I imagine she probably had quite a few orders, because it was a blog entry from Wendy that prompted me to order, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

0 comments: