Monday, April 05, 2004

Productive Weekend

Overall, I had an incredible birthday weekend. Both the celebration and my knitting were successful.

Birthday
Thaddeus treated me like a prince, and the haircut and dinner were both great. We had to postpone ear candling until next week.

For those of you who don't know, Thaddeus is a trained barber (even though he doesn't do that for a living). We have a barber chair in our house, and he cuts my hair. I haven't paid for a haircut in about 15 years or so.

Dinner at "Andiamo" was as excellent as ever. Jean, the chef-owner is an amazing chef, and she even gave us our desserts for free because it was my birthday.

Birthday Weekend Knitting
In between all the festivities, I was able to get a lot of knitting done on the baby blanket. In fact, I finished knitting, and now all I have are about 10 ends to weave in.



Weaving in ends on this project needs to be done with great care. There is no wrong side, so I have to make sure the ends get woven in where they won't be seen from either side. Also, since this blanket will be machine washed, I need to make sure they are securely woven in.

Next Project
Here are the four options again for my next baby blanket.

1. Rambling Rows afghan in baby weight yarn.



2. Slip-stitch stripe/check mosaic pattern.



3. Mosaic slip-stitch pattern called Blocks and Waves.



4. Lion Brand afghan with spriral squares.



Looks like it's time for a Reader Survey to see which one I should select.



0 comments: