Wednesday, April 21, 2004

New Blogs

It's excellent to see a few new blogs when they're written by folks I admire in the internet knitting world.

Three New Daily Reads
I wrote a while ago when Stephanie Pearl starting publishing her blog, and I added a link to her site from my blog below. She has continued to produce a lot of knitting and write very well about it. Great stuff.

Kim Salazar has also joined the fray. I have followed Kim around some of the varied knitting lists over the years, and I find her writing to be smart and opinionated. She also has a wealth of knowledge about the art/craft/hobby/obsession of knitting. I've added a button for her as well.

Finally, Mary-Helen has been writing a blog that I've been enjoying more and more. As one of my "people", I'm glad to see her contributing her fine writing and knitting to the on-line community. I'm going to have to add a button for her blog soon too.

Today's Mood
It's been an emotional roller coaster for a few weeks now, and I never know from day to day whether I'll be angry, joyous, serene or depressed (or sometimes all of them throughout the same day). Today, I'm feeling hopeful. Hopeful mostly that I'm out of the funk for a while.

Just thought you might want to know.

Current Knitting
As you can see from the picture, the final color square on the Rosemary's Baby blanket is plum. It's a very deep, smokey purple color that is just about the same intensity as the olive that precedes it. I was glad to see Audrey was the first guesser, and she guessed correctly.



I wanted the outer-most color to be dark to help frame the blanket. I will probably use the same color for the trim, if I ever decide what to use.

I could have used a smokey navy blue, or I might have even been able to get away with a deep barn red.

I liked the idea of a mustard color for this blanket...such a rich color, but I didn't want to go lighter on the outer edge.

Thanks for the suggestions on the edging. The blanket fabric is very solid and plain, so I'm thinking that any eyelet trim would be too frilly looking on it (and if it's a boy, I wouldn't want to be blamed for trying to turn him into a nelly boy). A ruffle might have the same effect.

Still not sure what I'm going to do.

Readers' Comments/Questions
Jane asks how much time I spend each day knitting, or if I'm an incredibly speedy knitter.

First of all, I'm not a fast knitter. I knit at probably an average speed for a long-time knitter. I put in between 1 and 2 hours a day when I'm away from home, and between 2 and 4 hours a day when I'm home.

0 comments: