Saturday, March 06, 2004

Relief

Nothing better than setting aside those US1 needles and thread-they-call-yarn, for worsted weight.

New Project
I pulled out the sacred Moorehouse merino, and started a top-down raglan.



I started with the calculated pattern from the "Incredible Custom-Fit Raglan" web site. I've used it a few times, and it's a great starting point for me.

You'll also notice I'm doing a wide rib (4X4), and I realized after one false start that I'd have to fudge the numbers a little bit to get the ribbing pattern to match on the front sections.

Panic Moment
After doing about 5 inches on this new sweater (after ripping out the original 3 inches), I realized that when I move the sleeves to holders, the ribbing for the front and back will need to be at a point where I can match them up.

I don't have the energy to try and figure it all out in advance, so wish me luck that it works out close enough so I don't have to fudge it too much.

Maybe I'll just change to plain stockinette when I get to that point, and not worry about it.

Either way, I'll keep you updated.

Old Project
I did some additiional work on the vacation sock.



As you can see, I was able to finish turning the heel.

Heel knitting is one of those activities that requires me to start and finish it all in one sitting. If I leave it mid-heel, I have to rip it all out, because I never remember where I am.

Now, all I have to do is the leg ribbing...yuck!

0 comments: