Thursday, March 25, 2004

At Last

Etta James' song, "At Last" is one of my favorite songs. Cyndi Lauper has a great cover of it on her latest CD also called "At Last". I'm listening to that CD now, and it's applicable to my knitting today as well.

Morehouse Raglan
I stayed up last night to finish the sleeve, and start the neck. I also got to see the Sopranos, which is always a late night treat for me.

I finished the neck this morning, doing just a simple 2X2 rib for about an inch.

As you can see from the picture, I did get to wear the sweater to the office today.

The sweater needs to be washed, so I can see how it will hang. I may need to add a little bit to the bottom of the body and sleeves, but I'm betting the washing will stretch it out a little naturally.

Last Night's Massage
Sorely needed, the massage was wonderful. But it also gave me a great idea.

If I was a certified massage therapist, I bet I could make a decent amount of money at the knitting events by giving 10 or 20 minute forearm, wrist and hand massages. $15 for 10 minutes and $25 for 15 minutes and people would be lining up to have their "claws" relaxed.

It's doubtful that it would generate any regular clients, since not many of the visitors are locals, but a day or two of massages could offset the cost of a booth and make the CMT a little money I would imagine.

Next Project
I worked a little bit this morning on the blanket, but I only got 3 rows done. Again, not worth a status picture.

I am, however, very excited about working on the blanket as my primary project. I think it will move along pretty quickly now that the Morehouse is done.

Next Next Project
I've gotten two ideas for another baby blanket for my brother and sister-in-law.

The first one, looks to be a double knit, two-color, reversible blanket, from a knitter friend, Leslie.

The other was an idea from Carol Lapin, who thinks I could use the Lion Brand pattern for a multi-color afghan:

I would just change the yarn to baby weight, and use my own color pallette.

I'm leaning toward the Lion Brand pattern, but I want to swatch both first.

Blog Direction
Just a follow up on the charity discussion.

One of the things I like about Wendy's choice of charities, is that she can combine both knitting and animal protection. I'd like to try to combine GLBT causes and knitting. If anyone knows of any ideas, please let me know.