Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Cold Weather

As sick as I am of cold weather already, I have to admit that going from Albany to home, where the temperature was 10 degrees warmer (farenheit), even 25 degrees felt comfortable.

Upcoming Vacation
Every year, we schedule a vacation for the last full week in February. The last few years, we've gone to Cancun, and this year will be no exception.

I can't wait to get away from the cold weather and the work for a little while.

For those of you who aren't tired of the ad nauseum conversation about knitting on airplanes, I do take a project on board with me, and do a little bit of knitting when I'm there.

I don't update the blog (but don't worry, I'll give more notice as the time draws closer), and I don't even check it during the time I'm away (now Kathy, behave).

Rebekah III
I didn't get much done on this project, just a little done on the first sleeve.

But I was able to take a better picture at least. I figured it would show up better on a hanger, so you could see how much space I have to fill in on the neck hole.

I haven't decided how I will do the neck finishing on this one. I'm thinking I will use the same crochet edging on the sleeves, but I don't think that will work on the neck.

Any great ideas?

Readers' Comments/Questions
Geane asks if I'm afraid of the Anit-anti-Bushies, and possibly going "missing". She also asks whether I knew that it was illegal to publicly criticize the meatpacking industry in Texas?

Well, first of all, I'm not quite as paranoid as Michael Moore, and I'm sure he or Al Franken or members of MoveOn.org would be "missing" long before I ever would.

Second, I'm not sure what you mean by meatpacking. If you mean the hung men that hang out at the piers, I'm all for making laws that protect those national treasures. If it's the hardworking Laverne and Shirley's that jam Deviled Ham into cans, it sounds like a typical Bush priority, and like all of his ideas and policies, I am against them.

Aubergine asks if the Rebekah III garment is mostly pink.

I hope the picture shows a little better the colors. If the sun would come out just for 2 minutes, I'd take a picture that accurately showed the colors. Actually the garment is bright yellow, bright fuscia (is that redundant?) and bight aqua. Think Mexican Fiesta colors.